cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

How to remove entities dependency to a project when packaging and publishing Solution Central

EM_9923519
12-Amethyst

How to remove entities dependency to a project when packaging and publishing Solution Central

I have a project I want to package and publish to solution central, when I click the package and publish button, I get some error messages:

EM_9923519_1-1625607398352.png

There are dependencies with some entities, whenever I click on any of them a message appears 

EM_9923519_0-1625607379905.png

How to search for those entities that seem to be removed but their dependency is still alive?

EM_9923519_2-1625607536505.png

4 REPLIES 4

This LaunchPointConfiguration Thing is a part of ThingWorx manufacturing apps. Did you install manufacturing apps and then uninstalled/deleted them? If yes, then there could be a chance of having ghost entities. If you are on ThingWorx 9+ you can check this here - https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/#page/ThingWorx%2FHelp%2FBest_Practices_for_Developing_Applications%2FExampleGhostEntities.html%23wwID0ENYAZ
If you are on  8.5 or older version of ThingWorx, then I think you need to import a ghost entity extension to check this.

EM_9923519
12-Amethyst
(To:mnarang)

I am using ThingWorx 8.5.3-b123 

One more question, if this is not the only extension that was deleted, Do I need to reinstall all to be able to export the project to solution central?

Is there a way to bypass reinstalling no needed extensions?

Thanks

I mean something similar to DeleteGhostEntities ThingWorx 8.5.3-b123 ...

I am just wondering even if you had those extensions/entites and your project has a dependency on these entities, then how did you remove it? Ideally, if you have a dependency anywhere and you try to delete the extension, it should throw an error. Can you try to import this Ghost entity extension for ThingWorx 8.5 and check if you have something in there using service GetGhostEntities ? Here you can download the extension:

mnarang_0-1625739610942.png

Top Tags