cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

How to update an existing mysql jdbc connector to a newer version?

Timo697
12-Amethyst

How to update an existing mysql jdbc connector to a newer version?

I'm trying to install mysql v8.0.12 jdbc connector, but I've already been using mysql v5.1.22 connector.  After creating the jdbc extension, I keep getting the following error messages in the Application Log:

- Starting entity import of C:\ThingworxStorage\extensions\temp\mysql-connector-java-8012JDBC_2a100498-546a-470e-bc2c-94a7853ab07a\mysql-connector-java-8012JDBC\metadata.xml

- Export file missing version information.  No migration will be performed.

- Successfully added for import C:\ThingworxStorage\extensions\temp\mysql-connector-java-8012JDBC_2a100498-546a-470e-bc2c-94a7853ab07a\mysql-connector-java-8012JDBC\metadata.xml

- [message: Checking deployed extension JARS conflict(s) detected [package: mysql-connector-java-8012_ExtensionPackage].  Check application log for details!]

- JAR conflict Checking deployed extension JARS [existing: mysql-connector-java-5.1.22.jar, package: mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar]

- JAR conflict Checking deployed extension JARS [existing: mysql-connector-java-5.1.22.jar, package: mysql-connector-java-8.0.12.jar]

- [context: Extension Exception][message: Checking deployed extension JARS conflict(s) detected [package: mysql-connector-java-8012_ExtensionPackage].  Check application log for details!]

I thought about removing the existing extension, but that involves deleting all me existing Things that are referring to it, and I don't want to do that.  The older mysql jdbc driver doesn't seem to be able to communicate with the v8.0.12 database.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Timo697)

Unfortunately you will have to remove all the related entities and back out that extension.

So I recommend exporting those dependent entities.

As long as you have the same Template Name available after you import the new extension you should be able to reimport all the entities you backed up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Timo697)

Unfortunately you will have to remove all the related entities and back out that extension.

So I recommend exporting those dependent entities.

As long as you have the same Template Name available after you import the new extension you should be able to reimport all the entities you backed up.

Top Tags