cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Installing ThingWorx Foundation using an already existing and populated ThingWorx persistent DB

AndyHilton
12-Amethyst

Installing ThingWorx Foundation using an already existing and populated ThingWorx persistent DB

I need to install Thingworx Foundation using an already existing persistent DB (both Foundation and DB are at release 9.5.0).

Ideally, I would be able to run the Foundation installer and point it to the already existing DB.  It would see that the DB is already set up and bypass the initialization steps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

• Just install the foundation as usual steps with new database
  • After installation completion, just point the old db details in platform-settings.json

For more about the platform-settings.json file https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/Installation/platform_settings_json_configuration_details.html

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @AndyHilton,

If the Existing DB schema & schematics are of Thingworx Version 9.5.0, and you directly connect the same DB to the new installer, that should work perfectly fine; let me know if you are facing any issues.

Please back up the DB before you do this.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

The issue is that in order to install the Foundation you have to give it an empty DB to complete the installation.   This prevents me from using an existing populated persistent DB.

• Just install the foundation as usual steps with new database
  • After installation completion, just point the old db details in platform-settings.json

For more about the platform-settings.json file https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Installation/Installation/platform_settings_json_configuration_details.html

Top Tags