cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Is it possible to use SpotlightSearch to search for multiple entity types in one service call?

VladimirRosu
18-Opal

Is it possible to use SpotlightSearch to search for multiple entity types in one service call?

I need to get a list of all the DataTables, Streams, ValueStreams, Blogs and Wikis that belong to a project. It seems the only service that can facilitate this is SpotlightSearch, which works perfect with the field thingShapes set as {items: ["DataTable"]}, but when trying to add another item in that array it returns nothing (meaning when we add {items: ["DataTable","Stream"]}), with no error.

So, is there a way to get all the entities of those types in a single call? It seems to be a bug, from what I looked at, but maybe I'm doing something wrong?

For reference, the other parameters I used in the calls were:

-searchExpression: *

-types: {items:["Thing"]}

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:VladimirRosu)

Bit of a long shot, not sure what different iterations you've tried but.

{items: ["DataTable,Stream"]}

or even crazier

{items: ["'DataTable','Stream'"]}

Tried both now and they did not work. A workaround exists, of course, calling the service 5 times and then doing union 4 times...but my feeling is that this should work.

Hello Vlad!

Just a dumb answer, you should be querying thingTemplates parameter instead ;)

Regards,

Carles.

Top Tags