cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is it possible to use pre-defined views (like in SQL) for TWX Streams?

mbiegel
1-Newbie

Is it possible to use pre-defined views (like in SQL) for TWX Streams?

Hi,

I have a Stream storing a lot of history data of an entity. The data is delivered in a 10 minute frequence and I am visualizing it in a Time Series widget on a dashboard. For a day based view the time series looks fine - If I want to look at a year based view there a far too many data entries and the time series graph is unuseable - moreover it needs a lot of time and computing power to load the data.

SQL databases bring the possibilities to query pre-defined views for showing aggregated data on hour/day/... basis. Does TWX bring a similar possibility? If not what would be the best practice to implement such a kind of service?

Thank You and regards,

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You will need to implement your own aggregated data providers, with additional streams which stores calculated/aggregated data, there is no feature like this right now.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You will need to implement your own aggregated data providers, with additional streams which stores calculated/aggregated data, there is no feature like this right now.

Thats a pity, but Thank You!

But if you are using PostgreSQL as persistence provider you may dig onto MATERIALIZED views in order to do this and then access this cached tables through SQL Queries directly onto PostgresSQL

Top Tags