cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Is there a way to programatically select row in collection widget?

bootstrap
7-Bedrock

Is there a way to programatically select row in collection widget?

We use collection widget to show menu style row in main mashup. This essentially renders  number of icons in the footer. This main mashup also contains contained mashup in often we have to drive the contained mashup based on some action within those contained mashups. This works fine.

However, the challenge we face is for instance if a user clicks on Menu A which loads Mashup A in contained mashup and based on some action on contained mashup A user is automatically directed to Contained mashups B. Since switch between mashup wasn't the result of manual click on the icon in the footer the selection on the collection widget falls out of sync. Which would mean in above e.g. as user was navigated  programatically to Contained mashup B from Contained Mashup A, the footer with collection widget still shows icon A as selected when actually the user is viewing mashup B which corresponds to Icon B.

I hope i didn't make it too confusing :)

Is there anyway we can also drive collection widget selection programatically?

Thanks for any hints in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @bootstrap 

The collection I was working with did not need the selected item to be set.

I am sure when you drag the selected Row data from the service to the Collection Widget you get 2 locations to which the data can be bound. 

• Data
  • SelectedItems

Have you tried sending the selection to "SelectedItems"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @bootstrap 

The collection I was working with did not need the selected item to be set.

I am sure when you drag the selected Row data from the service to the Collection Widget you get 2 locations to which the data can be bound. 

• Data
  • SelectedItems

Have you tried sending the selection to "SelectedItems"

Thank you @PEHOWE for reverting and sorry for not returning quick enough. Yes in-fact we managed SelectedItem property in conjunction to the FrameLayout extension. But now we are not able to get this to work on PTC cloud due to marketplace problem, anyway that has nothing to do with this thread. 

Appreciate your help.

Top Tags