cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Keep a user session alive

agondek
11-Garnet

Keep a user session alive

I'm looking to keep a specific user session alive past the timeout interval specified in the user management subsystem. The idea behind this session is that it is for a display only screen that does not take input from the user and should not require an user to login in to view it.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:agondek)

Greetings @agondek.

Please check this previous community post for a possible solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:agondek)

Greetings @agondek.

Please check this previous community post for a possible solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

If my response has answered your question, please mark as Accepted Solution, for the benefit of others who may have the same question.

Thanks for the link @slangley. I guess the suggestion would be to set the Session Timeout to the highest required timeout, and then manually manage any user who requires a shorter timeout value?

An additional question: does the autorefresh widget tied to a service at runtime keep a session alive by periodically sending REST requests to the server? It's my understanding that the Timeout only occurs for Idle sessions.

You should test (just set session timout to small time and restart tomcat) but autorefresh widget should do the trick.

Top Tags