cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

License Encrypting Passwords Error: Unable to load SecretProvider, Password verification failed

seanccc
17-Peridot

License Encrypting Passwords Error: Unable to load SecretProvider, Password verification failed

Hi,

I'm using security-common-cli-1.0.0.26 to encrypt the password  but got the errors below.  And If set the plain password in the platform-settings.json , I got the same error in the tomcat's log. 

2019-08-16 11:00:32.223+0800 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.SecurityManagerBootstrapper] [T: main] initializing KeyStore provider
2019-08-16 11:00:32.489+0800 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.SecurityManagerBootstrapper] [T: main] Unable to load SecretProvider, {}
java.security.UnrecoverableKeyException: Password verification failed
    ... 13 common frames omitted
Wrapped by: java.io.IOException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
    at com.sun.crypto.provider.JceKeyStore.engineLoad(JceKeyStore.java:879)
    at java.security.KeyStore.load(KeyStore.java:1445)
    at com.thingworx.security.provider.keystore.KeyStoreProvider.loadKeystore(KeyStoreProvider.java:154)
    at com.thingworx.security.provider.keystore.KeyStoreProvider.<init>(KeyStoreProvider.java:44)
    ... 9 common frames omitted
Wrapped by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException: null
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
    at com.thingworx.security.SecurityManagerBootstrapper.createSecretProvider(SecurityManagerBootstrapper.java:106)
    at com.thingworx.security.SecurityManagerBootstrapper.init(SecurityManagerBootstrapper.java:58)
    at com.thingworx.security.cli.SecurityTool.initializeSecurityManager(SecurityTool.java:227)
    at com.thingworx.security.cli.SecurityTool.initialize(SecurityTool.java:195)
    at com.thingworx.security.cli.SecurityTool.main(SecurityTool.java:661)
2019-08-16 11:00:32.489+0800 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.SecurityManagerBootstrapper] [T: main] Failed to create SecurityManager, Failed to load SecretProvider

The command I ran is : 

security-common-cli.bat keystore.conf set encrypt.licensing.password "abc1234"

My environment: (C:\ThingworxPlatform and C:\ThingworxStorage has role Everyone and full controll assigned )

C:\security-common-cli-1.0.0.26\bin
C:\ThingworxPlatform
C:\ThingworxStorage
C:\security-common-cli-1.0.0.26\bin\keystore.conf
{
security { secret-provider = "com.thingworx.security.provider.keystore.KeyStoreProvider" default-encryption-key-length = 128 keystore { password-file-path = "/ThingworxPlatform" password-file-name = "keystore-password" path = "/ThingworxStorage" name = "keystore.jks" } } }

Thingworx 8.4.2 + PostgreSql + Windows server 2016. 

I've checked the article Article - CS189387  , but it doesn't help .    

Regards,

Sean

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:seanccc)

I solved it , what I did: 

1. add keystore-password in ThingworxPlatform back

2. remove keystore.jks from ThingworxStorage. 

3. run the tool again. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:seanccc)

I solved it , what I did: 

1. add keystore-password in ThingworxPlatform back

2. remove keystore.jks from ThingworxStorage. 

3. run the tool again. 

Top Tags