cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Limitation - ListWidget Multiselect

ebeman
11-Garnet

Limitation - ListWidget Multiselect

Hi, is there an easier way to limit the maximum amount of selections in a list-widget, than to solve it using a service which counts the selections and resets them if they exceed a defined value

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wcui
14-Alexandrite
(To:ebeman)

@ebeman unfortunately ListWidget does not supply any property to limit selection number. Either you develope your own widget or utilize  'selected items changed' event to manually control it. Please let us know if you have any difficulities on the implementation or if we can close this post.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nmutter
14-Alexandrite

Instead of resetting the selection you could disable the "button" which triggers an action with the selection. Also show a message that he selected to many entries. This would be more userfriendly than resetting the selection.

I will soon (1-2month) release a widget on github I developed and use quite a long time now which counts Infotable-rows in the mashup. The help of a twx-service to do simple tasks like checking if it is empty or how many rows it contains is not very efficient. I can ping you then.

ebeman
11-Garnet
(To:nmutter)

hey nmutter,

thank you but i don't use a button but call a service on 'selected items changed' instead ... was just wondering if there isn't a option for max-selected-items

nmutter
14-Alexandrite

okay - in this case I do not know of any option to do this

wcui
14-Alexandrite

@ebeman unfortunately ListWidget does not supply any property to limit selection number. Either you develope your own widget or utilize  'selected items changed' event to manually control it. Please let us know if you have any difficulities on the implementation or if we can close this post.

ebeman
11-Garnet
(To:wcui)

... post can be closed, thank you.

Top Tags