cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

List widget is not populating with InfoTable data

kylebur
1-Newbie

List widget is not populating with InfoTable data

I have a Javascript service that is making an HTTP request and outputting the response in an InfoTable. When I test this service in one of my Things, the output looks correct. However, when I try to bind the service output to a list in my mashup (binding All Data output in my service to the list) the list is empty. The DisplayField on the list is properly configured, and I tried calling the service on MashupLoaded and on a button press. The data is definitely coming in, so what might I be missing?

3 REPLIES 3
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:kylebur)

Hi Kyle,

Does the Service returning the InfoTable have a DataShape assigned for the output?

kylebur
1-Newbie
(To:adam11)

Adam,

I do have DataShapes for each of the InfoTables.
I resolved this problem overnight, with a solution I didn't fully understand. The trick was that I was calling the services in the mashup through a Dynamic Thing Template. Instead, I switched to a "static" Thing that was inheriting those services. This resulted in the services being called and the output being displayed.
I am curious what changed in this scenario. What exactly is the difference between Dynamic and non-Dynamic entities in mashups, and why couldn't I call these services in a non-Dynamic version of the Thing Template?
Thanks.

After linking the all data attribute of the infotable to the list, Just select the values for Display Field and Value field dropdown attributes of the list.

Data will get populated.

Top Tags