cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MailServer Issue with ThingWorx 9.2

SOLVED
bmehringer
12-Amethyst

MailServer Issue with ThingWorx 9.2

I have installed ThingWorx 9.2 and I'm attempting to import some entities into the platform, but I need to have the MailServer extension installed first.  I do not see the MailServer extension for 9.2 available on the download page, and the 9.1 extension is not importing. I'm getting the below error messages:

 

Export file missing version information. No migration will be performed.

Deprecated extension structure: The element, DataShapes, was found in metadata.xml and is a deprecated pattern for defining DataShapes in an extension. Please refer to Project and Extension File Structure in the ThingWorx Extension Development Guide for more information.

 

Has anyone else gotten the MailServer extension to work on 9.2?  If so, did you have to hack on the 9.1 version, or did PTC provide something?

 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Pai.

 

It looks like PTC posted the 9.2 Mail Server yesterday.  I also found that some of the problem was that I had a bunch of leftover extensions in the C:\ThingworxStorage\extensions folder.  Once I cleared that out and imported the 9.2 Mail Server, everything worked fine.

 

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

My best guess is that the Entities defined in the mailserver metadata.xml are no longer valid.

I do know that Project has become something that is mandatory, not sure if that is what is missing.

You can try downloading: MED-61116-CD-092_F000_ThingWorx-Utilities-Software-Content-Management-9-2-0.zip and see the metadata file within that one and see if you can 'fix' up the mailserver one.

Thanks Pai.

 

It looks like PTC posted the 9.2 Mail Server yesterday.  I also found that some of the problem was that I had a bunch of leftover extensions in the C:\ThingworxStorage\extensions folder.  Once I cleared that out and imported the 9.2 Mail Server, everything worked fine.

 

Thanks

View solution in original post

Announcements