cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Menu is failing to open pop-up

berkob
8-Gravel

Menu is failing to open pop-up

Hello PTC community,

I am attempting to make a menu that acts as a tab system where one tab (menuEntry) opens a pop-up (mashup) that takes in data that is used to create another tab (specifically the tab title for right now), and all of the other created tabs generate a mashup.

The problem is my first tab is failing to create any pop-up. I am seeing the warning:

"WARN - runtime conversion error converting "test.mashup.popup" from STRING to BOOLEAN, converting to undefined"

each time I attempt to click on the tab. I am wondering if this warning is related to my issue, though I am not sure how to resolve this warning. Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
berkob
8-Gravel
(To:berkob)

Although I was never able to create a pop-up, I did manage to open a mashup in a contained mashup widget below my menu by setting linkTarget = "Self". Unfortunately I've been running into a handful of other issues in my attempt to replicate tab behavior dynamically using a menu. So, for the time being I'm going to try to do the same thing, but with the collection widget. Thanks anyways!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

How are you designing your first popup Menu?   If that's a Navigate widget with popup mashup, and takes in data then everything should be fine with the Modeling.

Is that the input you use needs a type transfer?

berkob
8-Gravel
(To:zyuan1)

So the popup is just a simple mashup right now, not a menu, and it only contains a simple button at the current moment. If you're interested in how I create the first "tab" of my menu here is the relevant code that is being provided by a service:

var params = {
infoTableName : "InfoTable",
dataShapeName : "MenuEntry"
};

// CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(infoTableName:STRING("InfoTable"), dataShapeName:STRING):INFOTABLE(MenuEntry)
var result = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

//Menu container appears to be necessary
var row = new Object();
row.menuId = "Menu1";
row.linkType = "Menu";
result.AddRow(row);

//new tab entry
row.parentMenuId = "Menu1";
row.menuId = "Menu1_0";
row.title = "+";
row.linkType = "Mashup";
row.linkDestination = "test.mashup.popup";
row.linkTarget = "Popup";
row.isDefault = false;
result.AddRow(row);
berkob
8-Gravel
(To:berkob)

Although I was never able to create a pop-up, I did manage to open a mashup in a contained mashup widget below my menu by setting linkTarget = "Self". Unfortunately I've been running into a handful of other issues in my attempt to replicate tab behavior dynamically using a menu. So, for the time being I'm going to try to do the same thing, but with the collection widget. Thanks anyways!

Top Tags