cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Migration

krishnakomal123
14-Alexandrite

Migration

I have migrated mashups from Thingworx 8.3.3 to  Thingworx 8.5.2 .All the left/right side bars,columns are replaced with flex containers.I am able to drop widgets in the flex containers like layout in 8.3.3.Could you please explain me difference between flex containers and left/right side bars.What is the use of this change?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Under Layout tab you have the option of adding responsive containers and the various options. 

rjanardan_0-1589452580157.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@krishnakomal123 

Hello

The Left Side Bar/Right Side Bar is migrated to a container with fixed width. The fixed width values are taken from the LeftSidebarWidth/RightSidebarWidth properties of the layout widget.
The Header/Footer is migrated to a container with a fixed height. The fixed height values are taken from the HeaderHeight/FooterHeight properties of the layout widget.

The old layout widget allowed setting column size as percentage, rather than absolute size.But with containers,you can set container rules to grow and shrink, it uses the standard flex-grow and flex-shrink css properties. We have Grow Ratio and Shrink Ratio properties available, and you can set the values there.

Hope this will answer your query, feel free to contact for further info.

Thanks 

Om Dukiya

Using flex containers gives you a lot of advanced layout settings.

Refer this helpcenter article

The information provided above is really helpful.

I created a new mashup and I want to design it with flex containers rather than layout but I couldn't see any flex container widget in widgets panel.How do I do it?

Under Layout tab you have the option of adding responsive containers and the various options. 

rjanardan_0-1589452580157.png

In that case,I need to use layout widget.Then only I can use containers,right?

That is not needed. You can start adding containers without a Layout widget. Just click on an area(header, footer, body or side bar) created from your initially chosen mashup template and click add container. You can use containers as rows and columns to structure your mashup layouts. 

Top Tags