cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Modify InfoTable with Java Edge SDK

LM_10415801
4-Participant

Modify InfoTable with Java Edge SDK

Hello, I have a problem to solve this : I have an Infotable create in Thingworx and I want to use Java Edge SDK in order to enter data in the first row.

Today, I got this : 

ValueCollection row = com.thingworx.crypto.functions.HTTPRequest(pictureFolder, urlHTTP, predictionKey);

FieldDefinitionCollection fields = new FieldDefinitionCollection();
fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(NAME, BaseTypes.STRING));
fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(DATE, BaseTypes.DATETIME));
fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(C, BaseTypes.STRING));
fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(Z, BaseTypes.STRING));

defineDataShapeDefinition("ds", fields);

InfoTable resultInfoTable = new InfoTable(getDataShapeDefinition("ds"));

ValueCollection entry = new ValueCollection();

entry.clear();
entry.SetStringValue(NAME, row.getValue(NAME));
entry.SetDateTimeValue(DATE, row.getValue(DATE));
entry.SetStringValue(C, row.getValue(C));
entry.SetStringValue(Z, row.getValue(Z));

resultInfoTable.addRow(entry.clone());

It seems to work because there is the right datas into resultInfoTable but i cant push the row in my InfoTable property in thingworx, i tried invokeService and writeProperty but didn't work too. I'm really stuck so if somebody know how I can do this it'd be very nice ! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found the solution to do this, I'm gonna write it here for those which are stucked like me, by the way, I modified my code to make it more simple. Indeed, I already tried writeProperty but I guess I did something wrong the last time, but today it work. Here is the solution :

EDIT : into the function in the first line, i got the ValueCollection with all datas I need.

ValueCollection row = com.thingworx.crypto.functions.HTTPRequest(pictureFolder, urlHTTP, predictionKey); // Take the row into row (ValueCollection)

FieldDefinitionCollection fields = new FieldDefinitionCollection();   // Create fields for the infotable
    	fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(NAME, BaseTypes.STRING)); //Name field
        fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(DATE, BaseTypes.DATETIME)); //Date field
        fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(C, BaseTypes.STRING)); //C field
        fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(Z, BaseTypes.STRING)); //Z field

defineDataShapeDefinition("ds", fields); // Defining dataShape name with its fields

InfoTable resultInfoTable = new InfoTable(getDataShapeDefinition("ds")); // Create the infoTable with the datashape create previously

resultInfoTable.addRow(row.clone()); //add row into the infotable

getClient().writeProperty(ThingworxEntityTypes.Things, getName(), "processedImage", new InfoTablePrimitive(resultInfoTable), 10000); // modify the infotable in thingworx

/// write Property --> Things, NAME_OF_THE_THING, NAME_OF_THE_PROPERTY, PRIMITIVE_INFOTABLE(INFOTABLE), 10000 

Thanks, good bye !

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I found the solution to do this, I'm gonna write it here for those which are stucked like me, by the way, I modified my code to make it more simple. Indeed, I already tried writeProperty but I guess I did something wrong the last time, but today it work. Here is the solution :

EDIT : into the function in the first line, i got the ValueCollection with all datas I need.

ValueCollection row = com.thingworx.crypto.functions.HTTPRequest(pictureFolder, urlHTTP, predictionKey); // Take the row into row (ValueCollection)

FieldDefinitionCollection fields = new FieldDefinitionCollection();   // Create fields for the infotable
    	fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(NAME, BaseTypes.STRING)); //Name field
        fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(DATE, BaseTypes.DATETIME)); //Date field
        fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(C, BaseTypes.STRING)); //C field
        fields.addFieldDefinition(new FieldDefinition(Z, BaseTypes.STRING)); //Z field

defineDataShapeDefinition("ds", fields); // Defining dataShape name with its fields

InfoTable resultInfoTable = new InfoTable(getDataShapeDefinition("ds")); // Create the infoTable with the datashape create previously

resultInfoTable.addRow(row.clone()); //add row into the infotable

getClient().writeProperty(ThingworxEntityTypes.Things, getName(), "processedImage", new InfoTablePrimitive(resultInfoTable), 10000); // modify the infotable in thingworx

/// write Property --> Things, NAME_OF_THE_THING, NAME_OF_THE_PROPERTY, PRIMITIVE_INFOTABLE(INFOTABLE), 10000 

Thanks, good bye !

Top Tags