cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Monitoring ThingWorx log files

shwatanabe
5-Regular Member

Monitoring ThingWorx log files

Hi,

Currently, I'm building a ThingWorx system and going to hand over its operation to operators.
So I need to tell them which log files they have to monitor and what text patterns in log files show signs that they need to alert.

I thing it might cause unnecessary alert if we check any "ERROR" in Application Log file of ThingWorx directory because of errors which are not critical such as an execution error in service script, and only observing "ERROR"  in Tomcat catalina log  might miss system failures.

Is there a best practice on that? Or is there someone who has any suggestions?

I will appreciate your help with this situation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hard to say, it will depend a lot on how you decided to log error messages(Info,Warning,Errror,...), over time we have a rules based script which keeps track of important texts that we found, but it's hard to say in advance...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hard to say, it will depend a lot on how you decided to log error messages(Info,Warning,Errror,...), over time we have a rules based script which keeps track of important texts that we found, but it's hard to say in advance...

From your description I know that you're aware of the Info-Debug-Error settings in the Log system, and maybe you also know how to open the Log Monitoring page in the TWX Composer.

The system default Monitor page only provides you with all the errors coming to the Application Log/ Error Log, etc, and you can't choose to see only the ones you concerned about. But if you can tell what's the source/type of error logs you really concern about, you can create your own Log-Monitor mashup.

1. Find out the default Log-Monitor page (system object), duplicate it and rename

2. Find the service that returns the Log infotable

3. Create your own service, add filter to it and call the system service found in Step 2.

4. Direct the new service result to a Grid widget.

mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:zyuan1)

@shwatanabe

Hope you are doing good. Could you please confirm if the issue has been resolved.

If yes, please mark the answer as accept as solution for the future reference. Thank you in advance.

Regards-Mohit Goel

Top Tags