cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

OAuth 2.0 using Thingworx Content Loader Services

praskumar
5-Regular Member

OAuth 2.0 using Thingworx Content Loader Services

This is related to consumption of external REST APIs from Thingworx. I am trying to use Content Loader Services for this. The problem is that external system uses OAuth 2.0 instead of basic authentication. So that means to consume any API we need to pass bearer token instead of Username password to get response each time. And to generate the Beaer token there is Auth API, but to consume that we need to pass username and password externally( login page comes up). I just wanted to understand if there is a way in Thingworx we can achieve this. Or any other examples you guys have tried accomplishing OAuth 2.0 mechanism.
1 REPLY 1
otluk
12-Amethyst
(To:praskumar)

Checkout PTC Flow:

"

ThingWorx Flow is what you are looking for. 

Configuring & loading OAuth in ThingWorx Flow

"

This is how it is best practice to implement it.

I have a similar issue but currently looking for a way implementing it without using PTC Flow check my question here: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/ThingWorx-Platform-Connection-to-Saleforce-Endpoint-with-OAuth-2/m-p/681085#M47083

Top Tags