cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Retrieving Windchill report data to use in Thingworx

lspears
6-Contributor

Retrieving Windchill report data to use in Thingworx

So I'm trying to figure out how I can pull the data from an existing windchill report into Thingworx. I already have a service that pulls data from a saved search in Windchill and the line looks like this:

oid: "wt.query.SavedQuery:880242649", // Saved Query

Would I be able to change this to pull data from a report template instead?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:lspears)

Hi @lspears

I checked with another team on this and was advised that this sounds like a customization.  It may be possible to use the Odata connector to create a custom service that would invoke the IE (Info*Engine) Windchill endpoint. You would then need an I*E task to prepare the data in the desired format, and the call to the IE endpoint could execute or retrieve the results of the task.

The Odata connector comes with Navigate but depending on the version of ThingWorx you're running, it may come with other products as well.

Regards.

--Sharon

lspears
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

Thanks for the reply. I have made some progress using the Windchill rest service InvokeIETask with the task of "com/ptc/windchill/enterprise/report/ExecuteReportTemplate.xml"
The problem I am running into now is I can't figure out what value to put for "report_ref"

lspears_0-1631885991335.png

Top Tags