cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

SDK Connection Security

Christian_S
6-Contributor

SDK Connection Security

We are currently using the .NET SDK for thingworx.

out of a security perspective we are interested in which security-terms are part of the default SDK-Connection.

-Are there Certificates (Which Type/Class)

-Is there an internal VPN tunnel used

Where can we get such information?

At the moment we're asking the question if there is any security point we have to implement or wrap around the connection for our securitystandards, or if the Thingworx connections are safe enough.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Christian_S)

Thingworx SDK allows for SSL connection so HTTPS /  WSS

You can also deploy a cert on the agent, that would have to map into Tomcat on the server side.

As far as tunneling, the way the agent works, it is sort of a 'reverse proxy' the agent locally can establish a TCP connection to whatever the device/system locally has access to and transfers the information of the established Web sockets connection. On the platform side, a client machine is presented an IP:Port to aim their client at.

Not sure if I'm interpreting your question properly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Christian_S)

Thingworx SDK allows for SSL connection so HTTPS /  WSS

You can also deploy a cert on the agent, that would have to map into Tomcat on the server side.

As far as tunneling, the way the agent works, it is sort of a 'reverse proxy' the agent locally can establish a TCP connection to whatever the device/system locally has access to and transfers the information of the established Web sockets connection. On the platform side, a client machine is presented an IP:Port to aim their client at.

Not sure if I'm interpreting your question properly.

Top Tags