cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Service Permission issue.

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Service Permission issue.

Service A, is used for three different Solutions. Solution A users shouldn't be able to see the data of  Solutions B from Service A. How can I restrict this ?

@slangley @PaiChung 

Thanks,
Shashi.

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:pshashipreetham)

If your service is accessing the same data source (i.e. a data table) you have to filter the returned data yourself. That means getting the user group of the user who executed the service via "let groups = Resources["CurrentSessionInfo"].GetCurrentUserGroups();"  and filter the data accordingly.

If your data is stored in different entities for each solution, you can just restrict the visibility to the data entities. But then you have to catch the exception that will be thrown, if your service is trying to access data sources to which the user does not have visibility rights.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:pshashipreetham)

If your service is accessing the same data source (i.e. a data table) you have to filter the returned data yourself. That means getting the user group of the user who executed the service via "let groups = Resources["CurrentSessionInfo"].GetCurrentUserGroups();"  and filter the data accordingly.

If your data is stored in different entities for each solution, you can just restrict the visibility to the data entities. But then you have to catch the exception that will be thrown, if your service is trying to access data sources to which the user does not have visibility rights.

Top Tags