cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Showing Mashups in Ionic 3 Apps

drieder
15-Moonstone

Showing Mashups in Ionic 3 Apps

Hallo Everyone,

has anyone made experiences with displaying Thingworx Mashups in an Ionic App?

As far as I know, Ionic offers two ways to display a webpage in the app.

The first one is, loading the webpage in an iframe component. This does not work because Thingworx forbids to pack its content into frames as far as I understand.

The second one is to use the "InAppBrowser" module. I was able to successfully load mashups with this module. But here I am facing a security issue. I am passing the appKey in the url of the mashup (which I would like to avoid because of obvious reasons). Unfortunately it is not possible to send Request Headers with the InAppBrowser module.

Has anyone an Idea how to handle this issue? I am open for different approaches as well. Maybe it is possible to create a link to a mashup that just works once? so that I could request this link with a normal http request and then use it only once?

I am thankfull for any help.

Best Regards,

Dominik

3 REPLIES 3

Well I don't know nothing on your project, but don't use Mashups embedded on a Mobile App - you will face to many headaches and you won't get a good user experience -, use Ionic UI elements and call remote TW REST API.

drieder
15-Moonstone
(To:CarlesColl)

@CarlesColl thank you for your advise, but the Mashups that I created for mobile use actually work pretty well.

I also do not want to "hard code" UIs in my app since I would need the user to update the application for every new mashup added.

This way I can simply build mashups on the server, and If the user has permission to use it, the mashup will appear in the app

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:drieder)

Hi @drieder.

If you have found an answer to your question, please feel free to post it here and mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags