cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

ThingWorx 9.x sizing calculator

VK_10079185
8-Gravel

ThingWorx 9.x sizing calculator

Just wanted to check if we have any sort of sizing calculator for ThingWorx 9.x (I can recall we have some sort of excel format for ThingWorx 7.x earlier)…?

Any suggestion to calculate the required network bandwidth (internet bandwidth) for ThingWorx data ingestion? What parameters to be considered to arrive at some benchmark?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:VK_10079185)

Hi @VK_10079185.

The spreadsheet was removed because it only partially automated the calculations and represented only the minimum sizing.  It didn't account for the specifics of the application workload being built on top of the base ingestion workload.

The sizing guide is the best place to start in determining your hardware footprint, but keep in mind that testing will be needed as well to determine the optimal configuration due to the many variables involved.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @PaiChung,

Thanks for the quick response. I have gone through this but I am looking for some sort of excel template for ThingWorx 9.x similar to what we have for ThingWorx 7.x where we can give our inputs and get the recommendations.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I'm sorry but I am not sure if a new spreadsheet was generated for this or not.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @VK_10079185.

The spreadsheet was removed because it only partially automated the calculations and represented only the minimum sizing.  It didn't account for the specifics of the application workload being built on top of the base ingestion workload.

The sizing guide is the best place to start in determining your hardware footprint, but keep in mind that testing will be needed as well to determine the optimal configuration due to the many variables involved.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags