cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

ThingWorx and Raspberry Pi Connectivity

atsarev
1-Newbie

ThingWorx and Raspberry Pi Connectivity

Hello!

I connect Raspberry Pi to the platform thingWorx 8.1.2 to get the temperature and humidity values.

I reached the "Connections" step (all other steps were successfully completed).

According to the instruction, a "temperature-thing-jar-with-dependencies.fire" file is created, which must be copied to raspberry Pi.

Then I prescribe the command  on the raspberry card:: java -jar ./temperature-thing-jar-with-dependencies.jar http://1XX.6X.3X.11X:8080/Thingworx 382fac73-e22e-435f-a44f-e74becc0a66d 2302 4 (Instead of X, normal numbers)

The result is an error:

02:48:26.096 [Client-EndpointMonitor-1] ERROR c.t.c.c.e.ClientCommunicationEndpoint - Refilling connections on [endpoint 0, uri: http://1XX.6X.3X.11X:8080/Thingworx] failed : timeout waiting for websocket handshake to complete

02:48:26.102 [Client-EndpointMonitor-1] ERROR c.t.c.c.e.ClientCommunicationEndpoint - Exception refilling connections was:

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: timeout waiting for websocket handshake to complete

at com.thingworx.communications.client.connection.netty.NettyClientConnectionFactory$HandshakeCompletionNotifier.await(NettyClientConnectionFactory.java:665) ~[temperature-thing-jar-with-dependencies.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.communications.client.connection.netty.NettyClientConnectionFactory.createConnection(NettyClientConnectionFactory.java:386) ~[temperature-thing-jar-with-dependencies.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.communications.client.endpoints.ClientCommunicationEndpoint.refillConnections(ClientCommunicationEndpoint.java:230) ~[temperature-thing-jar-with-dependencies.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.communications.common.endpoints.monitor.ConnectivityMonitorTask.dutyCycleOn(ConnectivityMonitorTask.java:159) [temperature-thing-jar-with-dependencies.jar:na]

at com.thingworx.communications.common.endpoints.monitor.ConnectivityMonitorTask.run(ConnectivityMonitorTask.java:306) [temperature-thing-jar-with-dependencies.jar:na]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [na:1.8.0_65]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [na:1.8.0_65]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [na:1.8.0_65]

I ask you to help with the solution of the problem. logs and others in the attachment.

2 REPLIES 2
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:atsarev)

Andrey Tsarev​: For the connectivity issue, could you please confirm if the appkey used is part of Administrator group. If not, then please create a new key with Administrator ID and see if it help resolve the issue. Also, which OS is been used on Raspberry Pi  and do you see any network issue/firewall blocking tomcat port ?

-Durgesh

Thanks for the answer. Yes, I connect as an administrator. And the key is set from the administrator account. On Raspberry Pi Linux is installed, and all ports are open.

Top Tags