cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Using QR Code extension

emoreira
12-Amethyst

Using QR Code extension

Hello All,

I downloaded the QR code extension and although the documentation says it can be used to Read QR codes, I just found a resource function to generate it. See below what the documentation says:

A Quick Response (QR) Code is the trademark for a type of two dimensional barcode. First designed for the automotive industry in Japan, the QR Code system has become popular for product tracking, document management, and general marketing. The QR Code Extension enables ThingWorx to interpret QR code scans.

To use the QR Code extension, download and import the QRCode_Extensions.zip into ThingWorx. The package imports the following into ThingWorx:

• QRCodeFunctions Resource

After this extension is imported into ThingWorx, services can be created to read QR Codes.

Any tip of how to use it to read the QR codes?

Cheers

Ewerton

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Ewerton,

1) Add a QRCodeFunctions as a entity (data) to the mashup

How to Generate QR Code

2) Add to the mashup: Textbox, Button, Valuedisplay Widgets

3) Text from textbox connect to the content parametr in GenerateQRCode

4) Result from Returned data (All data) conect to the Valuedisplay

5) Click function from Button connect to the GenerateQRCode

6) Save and test

Premek

ScreenHunter_02 Nov. 22 13.09.jpg

emoreira
12-Amethyst
(To:emoreira)

Thanks Premeke but I'd like to use it to Read the QR code, and it seems it only generates it, right?

Thanks

Ewerton

Hi,

Ewerton, I´m at the beginning of creating apps. As I wrote my first replay to your question, reading QR code looks much easier. I use output from GenerateQRCode as input to ReadQRCode.

However when I tried to read picture to app/mashup from external source (windows folder at first step), I´m still unsuccessful. I´m looking for some method how to use bar/QR code for object searching in manufacturing.

Regards

Premek

Cool, I left it aside for a while but if I get back to it and evolve I will let you know.

Cheers

Ewerton

Top Tags