cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Warning application logs. Hampering thingworx performance.

dgurumukhi
6-Contributor

Warning application logs. Hampering thingworx performance.

Hi Guys,

I am facing an weird issue in Thingworx platform. In our application there are 5 PLC which are individually connected to individual Computer and on these computers KepServer is installed. These KepServer sends data to the Thingworx platform through Industrial Gateway. Whenever all the 5 KepServer sends data to Thingworx platform after one or two hour, the TW platform performance is degraded and it becomes very slow. After checking the application logs came to know that below logs were registered. 

TW application logs.TW application logs.

To overcome this issue for some time I have to "Disable" Industrial Gateway. After disabling this, TW platform start working normally.

TW version : 8.3.1-b441

KepServer version: 6 plus

Please help me guys on this and thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dushyant

2 REPLIES 2

Looks like your Postgres is running out of available db connections that will definitely lead to performance problem when accessing application. Most often all the db connections are used by some long running scripts possibly triggered by subscriptions on properties updates from Kepware, you may want to get thread dump when this issue reoccurs to confirm.

Increasing db performance and/or rewriting the script calls will be the way to resolve this issue.  

Hi @dgurumukhi.

If the response provided by @MarekP.Nowaczyk helped you to resolve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for using our Community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags