cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Weird behaviour Thingworx project dependencies

Jamal8548
12-Amethyst

Weird behaviour Thingworx project dependencies

I have one query regarding the project dependencies. I remove this dependencies but they come again when i come to thingworx. Can anyone pleasee let me know why they are coming even though they are not dependent on this project but still these dependenices which are other projects comes here.

Jamal8548_0-1718789360788.png

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, @Jamal8548  Check the dependent entities, in the project field, if it does not add any project then share with us the export of the project for analysis purposes.

I have check in the project entities and there is not a single entity which is dependent on another project but still these dependencies just come when i import project from one server to another then it comes again there into that project. 

Hi @Jamal8548 ,

1. Did you try to remove the project dependencies in the original server, then SAVE, then export and this issue remained the same?

From what I want to make sure that you clicked Save after you removed them in the original server, before importing in the new server.

2. If you remove the dependencies in the NEW server, then SAVE, do the dependencies disappear? What if you restart your NEW server after doing what I wrote before, are they still missing?

3. You wrote "import project". What exactly are you importing? Is it just the Project Entity? Or a big XML containing the Project and all associated entities from it? Or via Source Control Entities?

1) Yes, i remove the dependencies and press save button afterwards but when i import the project (complete project -source control entites) then on new server it will come again after sometime

2) Yes when i remove them from new server and save then it would be gone but it will come again after some time.

3) yes source control entities means complete project.

Hi @Jamal8548 ,

Thanks for replying. I observed something strange: you wrote "...when i remove them from new server and save then it would be gone but it will come again after some time.". If you remove dependencies for other projects in the new server and did not do any import activity, those dependencies should not come back.

Can you define exactly what's the meaning of "after some time"? I'm guessing maybe there's a Timer or Scheduler that may be adding those dependencies at a specific interval...

Overall, as a best practice and as much as possible, it's good to avoid subjective statements like "after some time", because they introduce a level of confusion when other Community users would try to understand when that happens.

In your case, as said above, it would be great if you could determine when exactly those dependencies come back, so I would try to rephrase like this if I would know the answer:

• [...] when i remove them from new server and save then it would be gone but once I'm refreshing Composer/close the Project entity and then open it back again, I still see those dependecies.

Hello @Jamal8548

I wanted to let you know that there is a response to your topic.

If you are in a position to respond to this question, that would be great.

Thanks for supporting the PTC Community,

Regards,

Vivek N
Community Moderation Team.

Top Tags