cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

how does one create an infotable from a platform thingshape

ravila
1-Newbie

how does one create an infotable from a platform thingshape

using the platform api, how does one create an infotable from a platform thingshape?

I see there is a way to create an infotable form a platform datashape:

var params = {

infoTableName : "InfoTable",

dataShapeName : "Alarm DS"

};

// CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(infoTableName:STRING("InfoTable"), dataShapeName:STRING):INFOTABLE(Alarm DS)

var result = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

but i cannot seem to find the api to create an infotable from a thingshape?

3 REPLIES 3

You might not be able to create InfoTable from ThingShape as you do it from DataShape.

I suggest, to create a DataShape with fields similar to ThingShape properties, then use the above method.

ibanham
1-Newbie
(To:ravila)

Hi

I'm a little confused why you're trying to create an InfoTable from a ThingShape... an InfoTable has to be defined by a DataShape if you want it to be usable in services or Mashups.

ThingShapes are for defining re-usable sets of Properties, Services, Events and Subscriptions that can be used by multiple ThingTemplates.

If you want an InfoTable that has the same properties as a specific ThingShape, then you'll need to create a DataShape with a matching property set first.

Regards

Ian

ravila
1-Newbie
(To:ravila)

thanks for the inputs.

Top Tags