cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

infotable parameter of AddEntityVisibilities service

akumar-10-11-12211
11-Garnet

infotable parameter of AddEntityVisibilities service

How to pass infotable here? I need to pass one OrganizationalUnit actually, which is not being added straightly, I need to create an infotable and then add it in this infotable... plz let me know if you have another workaround to add visibility based on the project name to a single Organizational Unit.

var params = {
organizationReferences: undiefined /* INFOTABLE */,
includeDependents: undiefined /* BOOLEAN */,
projectName: undiefined  /* PROJECTNAME */,
tags: undiefined  TAGS */
};
Resources["EntityServices"].AddEntityVisibilities(params);

Regards,

Abhishek kumar

2 REPLIES 2

You can create an infotable with fields name and type .Name will hold the name of the organization to which you want to set the visibility as allow to the entities tagged with the project or tag name (These are also attributes in the service) .And type would be Organization .By this way you can set visibility of entities tagged with a tag name or project name and provide the organization name in the infotable name field .

Here is the full service code you can refer from -

var params = {
 infoTableName : "myInfoTable",
 dataShapeName : "entityservice"
};

// CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(infoTableName:STRING("InfoTable"), dataShapeName:STRING):INFOTABLE(entityservice)
var result1 = Resources["InfoTableFunctions"].CreateInfoTableFromDataShape(params);

var newRow = new Object();
newRow.name = 'Org1';
newRow.type = 'Organization';
result1.AddRow(newRow);

var params = {
 organizationReferences: result1 /* INFOTABLE */,
 includeDependents: true /* BOOLEAN */,
 projectName: "MyProject" /* PROJECTNAME */,
 tags: undefined /* TAGS */
};

// no return
Resources["EntityServices"].AddEntityVisibilities(params);

I have tried exactly the same steps except that I have tried this with OrganizationalUnit not with Organisation, but failed to do that. Actually, I am not able to add visibility for a certain group under that Organisation. I have found this(AddEntityVisibilities) service but with this, it is not straightforward as in case of AddEntityVisibility.

Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

Top Tags