cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

"TW_VALIDATE_CERT: Certificate rejected" is output on Start Tunnel with a Remote Access Widget

Eugene
4-Participant

"TW_VALIDATE_CERT: Certificate rejected" is output on Start Tunnel with a Remote Access Widget

Hi!

I develop a C SDK based application, which uses encryption. A server certificate is loaded with twApi_LoadCACert() function and everything works fine except tunneling.

When I try to establish a VNC connection (with using of the Remote Access Widget), I get this error: "TW_VALIDATE_CERT: Certificate rejected. Code: 20, Reason = unable to get local issuer certificate".

By default, the twTunnelManager should use the same twConnectionInfo structure as twApi so that all twConnectionInfo settings should be shared by twApi and twTunnelManager. So, I don't understand why I have this issue with tunneling only. Other subsystems, including the file manager, work fine.

I tried to load the certificate file for the tunnel manager with using of twTunnelManager_LoadCACert() function, but it didn't help. What really helps is just calling of twTunnelManager_DisableCertValidation(), but I want to have the connection to be secured.

I have found this article: "TW_VALIDATE_CERT: Certificate rejected" is output on Start Tunnel with a Remote Access Widget, even ThingWorx successfully connected with EDGE MicroServer 5.4.0, which describes a similar issue with EDGE MicroServer. It is stated that the issue has been fixed but there is no information about how to do that.

Can you, please, help me with that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:Eugene)

Seems like the fix version is CSDK 2.1.2

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
posipova
20-Turquoise

What version of C SDK are you using?

Eugene
4-Participant
(To:posipova)

Hi!

I'm using "c-sdk-2.1.1.636-master".

posipova
20-Turquoise

Seems like the fix version is CSDK 2.1.2

Eugene
4-Participant

Thank you. Will try that.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Please let me know if it works with the newer version.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Just checking in to see if you tried the newer version of CSDK.

Eugene
4-Participant

Hi!

I tried C SDK 2.2.1 and it worked well. Thank you for the help!

posipova
20-Turquoise

Thank you for the update, glad to hear (read) it worked. I updated the article you referenced to reflect the fix version for c sdk.
Top Tags