cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Can't modify user in Thingworx Composer

GJ_10027434
3-Visitor

Can't modify user in Thingworx Composer

Hi All!

I've had some issues with modifying one particular user in Thingworx Composer, I couldn't update the password, profile picture, etc, however, I was able to update two other users without any issue.

I got the following error messages:

Unable To Update Entity: xyz was modified on 2021-09-30T10:38:10.255Z

Transaction has been marked as a failure for request /Thingworx/Users/xyz

Unable to process import: Unable to update user: xyz

I am using Thingworx Navigate 9.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:GJ_10027434)

Hi @GJ_10027434.

Are you using Solution Central for migrating projects to other environments?  If so, this could be the cause of the problem if the user was included in the project.  Projects deployed to other systems are not editable.  To correct it in this situation, you would need to remove the user from the project on the source system, publish a new version, then redeploy to the target system.

If this is not the issue, check the logs in \ThingworxStorage\logs for possible causes of the problem.  You might also want to test it with the Administrator account.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:GJ_10027434)

Hi @GJ_10027434.

Are you using Solution Central for migrating projects to other environments?  If so, this could be the cause of the problem if the user was included in the project.  Projects deployed to other systems are not editable.  To correct it in this situation, you would need to remove the user from the project on the source system, publish a new version, then redeploy to the target system.

If this is not the issue, check the logs in \ThingworxStorage\logs for possible causes of the problem.  You might also want to test it with the Administrator account.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags