cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Delete user in ThingWorx Navigate Composer - Group

MH_10463676
7-Bedrock

Delete user in ThingWorx Navigate Composer - Group

Good day,

one of my tasks as ThingWorx-Admin is to move user from "available member" to "member" in an user group.

Important: The username needs to have only lowercase letters to fit to the corresponding AD-group.

As soon as a user logs-in with uppercase letters or misspelles the username, a new "available user" is generated. It's getting messy already, so I would like to delete all these accounts. Is that possible?

Kind regards

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a way to delete the users. Thanks! Click on username -> Edit -> Delete. As simple as that.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schauvelin
14-Alexandrite
(To:MH_10463676)

Hello,

What kind of authentication mechanism are you using for Navigate ? Fixed Auth ? Windchill Auth ? SSO Auth?

For information TWX login is case sensitive : https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS244222

For TWX 'John' (Upper case J) user is different from 'john' (Lower case j) user.

If you remove user with "wrong case sensitivity" but afterwards end user will re-authenticate again with same name it will be the same issue. Need to educate end user on this topic.

You need to check which ones are belonging to some TWX groups. To avoid removing the wrong users.

I would recommend to open a case a Tech Support to continue on this topic.

Kind regards. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @MH_10463676.

Please let us know which authentication method you are using so we can assist further on your post.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi, we use SSO via Pingfederate.

schauvelin
14-Alexandrite

Hello,

With SSO configured it's not normally not possible to have "duplicate" users created with different case sensitivity (Ex : John and john).

TWX is extracting username from SAML assertion response and it's always provided with the same case sensitivity.

It could be old users inherited from previous kind of authentication.

I think it will be better to open a case to have an assistance live through Teams session.

Kind regards. 

I found a way to delete the users. Thanks! Click on username -> Edit -> Delete. As simple as that.

Regards

Top Tags