cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How to create TrustStore file for Windchill Authentication in TW Navigate ?

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine

How to create TrustStore file for Windchill Authentication in TW Navigate ?

Hi,

I want to configure Thingworx Navigate using Windchill Authentication . As per given in installation document , we need to generate two files Keystore.jks and TrustStore.jks. For generating keyStore.jks clear steps are given in installation document, but can not find clear steps to generateTrustStore.jks .Only one command is specified that need to be executed from command prompt. i.e.

keytool -import -alias testtrustStore -file server.cer -keystore TrustStore.jks -storetype JKS 

but, 

I get execution after execution as : FileNotFoundException : server.cer

where is server.cer file located ? 

Document I referred is :

https://www.ptc.com/support/-/media/FE5AC01488FB4598830675518D74F7CD.pdf?sc_lang=en

Page no 20

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @shindemayur ,

You can get the certificate from the keystore you have created for ThingWorx.

Are you done configuring ThingWorx for SSL? If yes, we need the certificate you used for configuring ThingWorx for SSL.

Regards,

Tushar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @shindemayur ,

The truststore should consist of public part of Windchill and ThingWorx SSL certificate. Here in the command server.cer refers to public part of your ThingWorx certificate. You can change the command according to your certificate name. 

Regards,

Tushar

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine
(To:tbhosale)

Thanks @tbhosale  for  reply,

but I actually don't know the name of my Thingworx certificate. Where can I find it? 

Hi @shindemayur ,

You can get the certificate from the keystore you have created for ThingWorx.

Are you done configuring ThingWorx for SSL? If yes, we need the certificate you used for configuring ThingWorx for SSL.

Regards,

Tushar

shindemayur
13-Aquamarine
(To:tbhosale)

hi @tbhosale 

I had followed the steps given in installation document on page 19. Using these steps I have generated to file 

KeyStore.jks

testKeyStore.cer

So , is it "testKeyStore.cer" file , that I need to specify in the command ?

Or,

we need the certificate that is used for configuring Windchill for SSL ? Because, I want Windchill Authentication for thingworx Navigate, so I can use windchill user to login into thingworx.

Top Tags