cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

CustomTableBuilder WTArrayList(QueryResult) custom columns ?

phoffmann
6-Contributor

CustomTableBuilder WTArrayList(QueryResult) custom columns ?

When creating a CustomTableBuilder with "return new WTArrayList(PersistenceHelper.manager.find((StatementSpec) querySpec)" for the OOTB Default tables, am I able to add custom columns and how?

The question aims to the return value not the TableConfig and ColumnConfig, but rather how to fill the columns.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:phoffmann)

Hi @phoffmann 

There are many resources about data utility. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS360977

PetrH

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @phoffmann 

What custom Colum means? All columns are managed in a TableConfig and the value is shown by DataUtility. . 

The return statement returns the objects from the system and that objects are shown in the table. There is no necessary to think about custom column.

PetrH

phoffmann
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr 

thank you very much for the response.
Using the QuerySpec to find Objects and display them in the table is working fine.
I like to add a custom Column (String) for an additional Information regarding the object.

When the table is rendered a validation is done and I would like to add the result of the validation for each Object in a custom column as String.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @phoffmann 

I understand, so you need to add the column parameter in the TableConfig  and set your own data utility that will care about the value.

So if the validation result is saved in database you will just read it from DB for each row. If is not saved in DB, you will need to validate it for each row in the datautility 

There is another way to save the results in a request in commandBean, but it does not work for every situations.

PetrH

phoffmann
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

Hi @HelesicPetr, is there any example for the data utility available?

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @phoffmann 

There are many resources about data utility. 

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS360977

PetrH

Top Tags