cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Customization: Create an individual Design Tab for a Change Request child object with Action Model

NR_9463014
3-Visitor

Customization: Create an individual Design Tab for a Change Request child object with Action Model

Hello together,

I struggle with the following topic:

I created the child change request Standard Change Request (SCR) out of the parent Change Request (CR).

Now I want to have an individual order of the sections on the Details tab like Affected Objects, Attachments, Associated Process Objects, etc for the SCR. And no I don't mean the attributes layout.

I already found the current action model, which is used for all the change request types: changeRequestInfoPageTabSet

SCR Overview.PNG

And also the section in the ChangeManagement-actionModels.xml

ChangeManagement-actionModels.PNG

But when I make changes here, it will be changed for the parent Change Request and also all child objects.

I would suggest the next steps for the SCR are to create
1. a action model name="standardChangeRequestDetailsTab" for the order of the single elements

2. a action model name="standardChangeRequestInfoPageTabSet" for the different tabs

But how do I link now the new created standardChangeRequestInfoPageTabSet with the actual SCR Object? And replace the old action model with the new one?
Or how do I find out where to look?

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @NR_9463014 

If you define the tabs and tables for your request, add own custom one and add an filter to that actions.

The filter helps you to show your actions(tables) only for your subtype. 

PetrH

Hello PetrH, 

thanks for your reply! 
Could you please help me how to add it as a custom one and also the filter? Because I didn't find a solution for linking the tab with a certain (sub)type? 
If you need information please let me know! 

Hi @NR_9463014 

in XML actionModels define the tab and what should be shown in it.

Set a filter in the actionModel for your tab and thats all.

There are also many Examples how to use the filter in a customActions..xml

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Customization/How-to-override-ootb-validator-or-is-any-way-to-add-our-own/m-p/934297#M138%3Fsource=search

PetrH

Top Tags