cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Disable Revise On object based on IBA attribute value

JM_10276355
6-Contributor

Disable Revise On object based on IBA attribute value

Do anyone have idea, if the revise validator can be enabled/disabled based on a IBA attribute values ?

For Example, Prevent users from Revising the Object when the IBA attribute have value called "PENDING"

Let me know if anyone has any idea or worked on such cases or any alternate solution for the same

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@avillanueva , Thanks for that Response

Validator does not seems is supported as the Revise is a template based processor and the Revise action is something that appears on Folder Action (Where we select multiple Objects) which sometimes does not detect the validator.

i would like to know the listener option, if possible can you share me more info on your suggestion?

Thanks in advance

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I would write a validator and link it to the revise action:

https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.0.2.0/en/#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FWCCG_UICust_PresentInfoUI_UIValid.html%23

the other option is a listener that keys off of revise events and throws an exception in the case you provided.

@avillanueva , Thanks for that Response

Validator does not seems is supported as the Revise is a template based processor and the Revise action is something that appears on Folder Action (Where we select multiple Objects) which sometimes does not detect the validator.

i would like to know the listener option, if possible can you share me more info on your suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Let me check this way and will post the update, Thanks @avillanueva  that was very quick 🙂

@JM_10276355 

This can be done with a listener for sure.

I’ve written lots of listeners for many people/companies.

This would be easy to write/implement.

I can’t write it an send it to you however because that would not be fair to those who compensate me for writing Windchill code for them.

However, if this is a real issue and needs to be resolved now, feel free to contact me.

windchill.developer@yahoo.com 

David

Top Tags