cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

External Attributes: Dynamic Drop down list in Windchill

tspain
6-Contributor

External Attributes: Dynamic Drop down list in Windchill

I am unable to use the Cascading Attributes functionality in 11.1 M020 because both of my attributes (ex: attribute1 & attribute2) are to be read from a list in a property file on the file system.

I have an attribute1 that generates a pull down list of selections using a ComboxBox. Based on the selection for attribute1, I would like to dynamically update the pulldown list of values available for attribute2.

I have looked at:
CS138327 (returns an enumeration list but I don't see a way to relate attribute2 to attribute1's value)
CS226468 (only returns a string, so unable to create a pull down list)

I have tried using a ComboBox and the addJsAction method but it looks like this will not work in 11.1. Any ideas on how one would go about implementing this in 11.1?

Thanks for your time.
Troy

2 REPLIES 2
Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:tspain)

Hi Troy,

By experience (from 10.2), you'll have to implement a data utility with an "onChange" Javascript action that would trigger a custom Javascript code.

But there may be a better way to achieve this now...

From my understanding the BusinessAlgorithm is only for display usage.

Florent ROUSSEL
www.4cad.ca
zkaskan
5-Regular Member
(To:tspain)

Hi Troy,

Were you able to find a solution for this?  I have a very similar use case that I'm looking into right now.

Thanks,

Zach

Top Tags