cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to Define Created by 'Me' or 'Current User' in the Filter Section When Creating a Custom View in

Emrec@n
6-Contributor

How to Define Created by 'Me' or 'Current User' in the Filter Section When Creating a Custom View in

Version: Windchill 12.1

I want to create a customized view in the 'view' section of Windchill tables. Instead of showing objects created by many people in that table, I want to see only the objects created by the current user. How can I achieve this?"

6 REPLIES 6
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:Emrec@n)

Hi Emrec@n 

There is not general condition created by me, but each user can crate own custom view with own condition with own name.

So each user can do it and filter by his name. 

Unfortunately not all table views can be configured by conditions.

HelesicPetr_0-1721818158447.png

PetrH

Emrec@n
6-Contributor
(To:HelesicPetr)

It is very strange that this feature is not available. I believe there should be a way to set this centrally for all users with a variable like 'me' or 'current_user'. I hope this will be added in future versions. Thank you very much for the information. @HelesicPetr 

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi Emrec@n 

It is not strange. 

You have a home page where you can view your own work check out work and so on.. 

No one needed this filter in normal folder table or others places if you can easily create own view with own name.

You have to understand If easy workaround exists, PTC does not invest a time to create something that is not needed.

PetrH 

Hi Emrec@n,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Please note that industry experts also review the replies and may eventually accept one of them as solution on your behalf.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation.

Thanks,

Catalina
PTC Community Moderator
rhart
15-Moonstone

There's a folder view called 'Created or Modified By Me' out of the box, is there some reason you can't use that? Or save a copy and customise.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:rhart)

Hi @rhart 

Good point. The OOTB view can do what Emrec@n needs in the folder.

There is internal attribute in the definition thanks that the view filter the objects by me. Created and Modified. 

If you download the view definition to XML you can find it <attributes>FBCreatedModifiedByMe</attributes>

this attribute can not be set in the Wizard but save as works. 

so use the existing Created or Modified By Me view and save as it as new view. The attribute FBCreatedModifiedByMe definition is not lost. 

This is the best workaround 😄 

PetrH

Announcements
Top Tags