cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to call a windchill class from a remote machine

NP_10570407
9-Granite

How to call a windchill class from a remote machine

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.1 and Datecode with CPS 12.1.0.1

I have a custom windchill java class(contain code to fetch epmdocuments and its attributes). i m invoking this class from another class that has RemoteMethodServer RMI invoke code. All these files are deployed inside codebase location on windchill server.
Now my question is,
1. I want to call this java class(which has RMI invoke code) from another remote machine using a .bat script. So that I can execute custom Windchill class remotely. How can I achieve this?

4 REPLIES 4

If you have a linux client and a linux server you can simply use ssh. If you have Windows on either end then I don't know. Somebody probably will.

Hello NP_10570407,
You're looking for information regarding Windchill, thanks for reaching out, this is Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe. I will provide you assistance on this question. 
Can you review kb articles CS254928 and CS254321.
I guess it is also possible to write an I*E task that will call the customized class. See Apply-Service webject.

KR,

Charles.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:NP_10570407)

Is RMI the right way to go now a days? I think it might be better to create a web call or REST service to get the data you need. 

Thanks for the responses guys.. will try those options..

Top Tags