cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to create subtype of WTDocument by API?

WhiteChen
5-Regular Member

How to create subtype of WTDocument by API?

We can use API to create new WTDocument, but we have a subtype under WTDocument, how can I create a subtype by API? Who could help me? Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:WhiteChen)

@WhiteChen wrote:

We can use API to create new WTDocument, but we have a subtype under WTDocument, how can I create a subtype by API? Who could help me? Thanks in advanced.

I know of 2 ways to do this. Method 1 where you find the TypeDefinitionReference and set the doc type and method 2 by using the PersistableAdapter.

Method 1:

//find the TypeIdentifier
TypeIdentifier myCustomType = TypeHelper.getTypeIdentifier("WCTYPE|wt.doc.WTDocument|com.mydomain.Document.myCustom");

//cast to WCTypeIdentifier
WCTypeIdentifier myCustomWCType = (WCTypeIdentifier) myCustomType;

//find the TypeDefinitionReference
TypeDefinitionReference myCustomTDR = TypedUtilityServiceHelper.service.getTypeDefinitionReference(myCustomWCType.getTypename());

//create doc
WTDocument doc = WTDocument.newWTDocument();

//set the doc TypeDefinitionReference
doc.setTypeDefinitionReference(myCustomTDR);

Method 2:

//Use the PersistableAdapter
PersistableAdapter obj = new PersistableAdapter("com.mydomain.Document.myCustom", locale, new CreateOperationIdentifier());

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

@WhiteChen wrote:

I know of 2 ways to do this. Method 1 where you find the TypeDefinitionReference and set the doc type and method 2 by using the PersistableAdapter.

Method 1:

//find the TypeIdentifier
TypeIdentifier myCustomType = TypeHelper.getTypeIdentifier("WCTYPE|wt.doc.WTDocument|com.mydomain.Document.myCustom");

//cast to WCTypeIdentifier
WCTypeIdentifier myCustomWCType = (WCTypeIdentifier) myCustomType;

//find the TypeDefinitionReference
TypeDefinitionReference myCustomTDR = TypedUtilityServiceHelper.service.getTypeDefinitionReference(myCustomWCType.getTypename());

//create doc
WTDocument doc = WTDocument.newWTDocument();

//set the doc TypeDefinitionReference
doc.setTypeDefinitionReference(myCustomTDR);

Method 2:

//Use the PersistableAdapter
PersistableAdapter obj = new PersistableAdapter("com.mydomain.Document.myCustom", locale, new CreateOperationIdentifier());

WhiteChen
5-Regular Member
(To:RandyJones)

Hi Randy,

Appreciate your answer, your code is worked for me. One more question, how can I fill up the attributes when the document is created? The cutomized attributes as picture show.

Thanks.

RandyJones
19-Tanzanite

@WhiteChen wrote:

Hi Randy,

Appreciate your answer, your code is worked for me. One more question, how can I fill up the attributes when the document is created?

Check out this PTC article and keep in mind that LWCNormalizedObject has been replaced with PersistableAdapter

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS135663

Top Tags