cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How to generate promotion requests automatically when the part is in released state

NC_10655449
4-Participant

How to generate promotion requests automatically when the part is in released state

When the part is in released lifecycle state then new promotion requests will get automatically generated.

It can done through coding in listeners for this event. 

12 REPLIES 12
Dobi
14-Alexandrite
(To:NC_10655449)

You ought to be able to put the workflow of interest you're wanting to call in the worflow tab for that particular lifecycle state. 

NC_10655449
4-Participant
(To:Dobi)

I am creating the promotion request for 6 parts. When I make the lifecycle state of that part to released, the promotion request will get automatically generated for that part. We don't need to create by clicking on the promotion request in user interface.

To get the solution, we need to do customization through coding in java by the listeners for that particular event.

So, I am not able to get the java code.

If you find it, then please help me.

What's the business reason for starting a promotion request when the part gets to released state?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:joe_morton)

Had the same question in my mind.

Me too 😄

I am creating the promotion request for 6 parts. When I make the lifecycle state of that part to released, the promotion request will get automatically generated for that part. We don't need to create by clicking on the promotion request in user interface.

To get the solution, we need to do customization through coding in java by the listeners for that particular event.

So, I am not able to get the java code.

If you it, then please help me.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

To clarify, are you wanting to promote the parts to Released or are you wanting to have a promotion request be generated AFTER the parts get set to the released state? 

NC_10655449
4-Participant
(To:Dobi)

I am wanting to have a promotion request be generated after the parts get set to the released state.

Dobi
14-Alexandrite

In the lifecycle template then you have a promote transition from Released to some other state. So you ought to be able to put in your Promote workflow in the Workflows tab of the released state and that will trigger it when the parts get set to Released through whatever mechanism. 

If you don't have a lifecycle promote transition FROM released to whatever your next state is though, it's moot. 

Hi @NC_10655449 

You need to explain why would you want to do so. We need more background information. 

I do not say it is not possible. Yes it is. There are several ways how to do so but I would like to know why?

Thank you for your replay

PetrH

I am an intern at Capgemini and we are working on a project there we need to do this customization. Please provide me the solution if possible.

We're all trying to help. The workflow you're describing is not typical, so that's why people are asking for more context, to better understand how to help and possibly if there's another implementation we could suggest that might work better for you. Typically, companies would use a promotion request to route parts for approval, and the state would be changed by the promotion request. If you already used set state to change the state to Released, the promotion request seems redundant. Usually, a company would use Set State or a Promotion Request, but not both. 

If you can describe the goal of what you're trying to accomplish with more context, the experts here can give you better insight on how to accomplish it in the easiest way. You may even be able to accomplish the task without a customization.

Top Tags