cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to resolve container ID from Change Task

MykolaZhabko
2-Guest

How to resolve container ID from Change Task

Hi! 

I am trying to resolve a container id from an existing Change Task and it seems that the response body of https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill_rest_services/r2.4/en/#page/windchill_rest_services/wccg_restapiaccessexamplesgetchangetask.html
does not contain the location (container) where this change task was created.

Please help me find an API that can be used to resolve the container ID when the Change Task ID is known.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I figured out 🙂 
If you have Change Task Number like "4MEC00003009" use GET: ChangeMgmt/ChangeTasks?$filter=(Number eq '4MEC00003009')&$select=ChangeNoticeReference  from this response you can find "ResourceID" ( content: ....ChangeMgmt/ChangeNotices('OR:wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2:170400584')

which is pointing to "Change Notice" where Change Task is created. Next Get Change Notice by ID and from response body find 

"FolderLocation". Finaly Querying the Containers Using a Filter like: DataAdmin/Containers?$filter=(Name eq 'FolderLocationName') and from response body get ID of the container

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I figured out 🙂 
If you have Change Task Number like "4MEC00003009" use GET: ChangeMgmt/ChangeTasks?$filter=(Number eq '4MEC00003009')&$select=ChangeNoticeReference  from this response you can find "ResourceID" ( content: ....ChangeMgmt/ChangeNotices('OR:wt.change2.WTChangeOrder2:170400584')

which is pointing to "Change Notice" where Change Task is created. Next Get Change Notice by ID and from response body find 

"FolderLocation". Finaly Querying the Containers Using a Filter like: DataAdmin/Containers?$filter=(Name eq 'FolderLocationName') and from response body get ID of the container
Top Tags