cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to use SetState for Promotion Request Objects using Expression Robot of workflow?

maheshkumar
1-Newbie

How to use SetState for Promotion Request Objects using Expression Robot of workflow?

Hi Gurus,

I am using Windchill 11.0 M010, The selected Promotion Request Targets/Objects should move to a Life Cycle Stateusing API,

following APIs tried use,

QueryResult qr = wt.maturity.MaturityHelper.service.getBaselineItems((PromotionNotice pn);

2.       Set state for the Promotion Notice objects:

wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleServerHelper.service.setState(LifeCycleManaged object, State state);

I have the code however i am unable to compile , setState is not recognizing.

Please help me

Thanks & best regards,

Mahesh

4 REPLIES 4

First line has non matching brackets

QueryResult qr = wt.maturity.MaturityHelper.service.getBaselineItems((PromotionNotice pn);

Coming back to your question:

Set state for the Promotion Notice objects:

wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleServerHelper.service.setState(LifeCycleManaged object, State state);

Modify your code as follows:

java.lang.Object obj;

wt.lifecycle.State state;

wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleServerHelper.service.setState((LifeCycleManaged) obj, state);

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for the reply,

I have validated the same following errors coming,

Checking Syntax...

C:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\temp\WfExpression_Administrator.java:41: error: package javalang does not exist

javalang.Object obj;

^

C:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\temp\WfExpression_Administrator.java:43: error: cannot find symbol

wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleServerHelper.service.setState((LifeCycleManaged) obj, state); 

^

symbol:   class LifeCycleManaged

Note: C:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\temp\WfExpression_Administrator.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

2 errors

Syntax check complete.

Your first error in this line is due to a missing "." in the package declaration. You have:

javalang.Object obj;

this needs to be:

java.lang.Object obj;

The second error is due to an incomplete package declaration for the LifeCycleManaged class. You have:

this needs to be:

wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleServerHelper.service.setState((wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleManaged) obj, state);

Hi Zach Sternal,

Thanks for the observations,

I am getting the following error, i would feel that i am unable to define a Proper obj variable. I am new to customization.

Can you please help me out.

Checking Syntax...

C:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\temp\WfExpression156153.java:45: error: variable obj might not have been initialized

wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleServerHelper.service.setState((wt.lifecycle.LifeCycleManaged) obj, state); 

^

C:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\temp\WfExpression156153.java:45: error: variable state might not have been initialized

^

Note: C:\ptc\Windchill_10.2\Windchill\temp\WfExpression156153.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.

Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

2 errors

Syntax check complete.

Thanks in Advance

Best Regards,

Mahesh

Top Tags