cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Windchill Generic Web Services documentation

ffinke
1-Newbie

Windchill Generic Web Services documentation

Hi all,

I am wondering if there is a service documentation about the Windchill WS tasks existing anywhere. To be more clear, I am talking about the tasks located under <Windchill>/tasks/com/ptc/windchill/ws.

Let's have a look at the navigate.xml (I've attached one for quick overview). I managed to navigate through the children of a any object type using this task. But I am always just using the following parameters:

• baseUFID
  • associationTypeIdentifier
  • targetRoleName
  • otherSide
  • autoNavigate

Besides the fact that I have to call the operation twice to get the links and the linked objects (otherSide - true or false), it is working well. If I have a look at the parameter description, I can see that there are much more available parameters than I am using. So I am wondering if anybody can explain me the usage of the other parameter, or even better, has an example which uses them.

Quick Overview of available parameters:

@param string baseUfid UFID of object from which navigation will start

@param string associationTypeIdentifier Type of link to be navigated

@param string targetRoleName Name of role played by other-side objects

@param string[] targetTypes Types of objects to be returned, null to return all available types

@param boolean otherSide true to return other-side objects, false to return link objects

@param boolean autoNavigate true to enable application of config specs, automatic navigation from master objects to iterations, and automatic retrieval of remotely linked objects

@param string configSpecType null if no config spec requested

@param com.ptc.windchill.ws.Property[] configSpecParams Parameters of the specified config spec, if any

@param string[] propertyNames Names of properties to be returned with the resulting objects

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1
fpradier-2
5-Regular Member
(To:ffinke)

Fabian,

Here is a small description of remaining parameters. Hope it helps.

targetTypes

Allow you to filter returned object types ; for example if you have a document structure containing various soft types, you can keep only those you want

configSpecType

You can set the way you want to navigate the structure (configuration specification); for example by baseline, as-stored or state ; by default you get "latest" iteration of target object

configSpecParams

Bunch of parameters related to configSpecType you previously set ; for example baseline reference

propertyNames

You can select properties returned for target objects instead of having all defaults ; if you just need number or state, it will speed up your search and reduced memory needs

Top Tags