cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Iteration Specific Link

marshall_brock
6-Contributor

Iteration Specific Link

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Using configurable links, I'm looking for a way to link a specific iteration of object A to either a specific iteration or revision of object B. I do not want the link to carry forward on check-out/check-in of object A. For example, if I have EPMDocument A.1 linked to WTDocument A.1 and I check-out/check-in the EPMDocument, I do not want the link to carry forward to EPMDocument version A.2. The reverse scenario is inconsequential, i.e. if WTDocument iterates to A.2 it would be fine if the EPMDocument A.1 maintained the link. My only concern is the EPMDocument in this case.

Description:

We use a custom tool in CATIA that runs "checks" against a model/drawing and provides scores/feedback to the user interactively to make corrections. We are trying to incorporate these scores into Windchill without exposing the values to the user in CATIA via parameters, which is why we are trying to avoid using parameter to attribute mapping. Since Windchill does not expose EPMDocuments via REST endpoints, the current end goal is to create a "Score Check Report" WTDocument via REST services that uploads a report and score values, then link that document to the EPMDocument using a custom configurable link via a workflow process in Windchill. I could use a check-out listener to unlink a revision or describe link, but that is adding overhead to the process and I would like to avoid it if possible. 

0 REPLIES 0
Announcements

Top Tags