cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are working to address an issue with subscription email notifications. In the meantime, be sure to check your favorite boards for new topics.

Missing Participants Promotion Notice Create Wizard

SubasicDar
6-Contributor

Missing Participants Promotion Notice Create Wizard

Hello dear Community,

lately I have encountered a problem while creating a promotion notice on a WTDocument.

To further describe my case:

I am using Windchill Version 12.0.2.1.

In the 3rd step of the Create Wizard of the Promotion Notice, the user has to tick at least 1 user for each custom role: "Genehmiger", "Work Instruction Genehmigung" and "Work Instruction Info".

To ensure that he does so, I have implemented a Validator.

SubasicDar_1-1687432782283.png

The Problem:

The User ticks one WTUser for each role, like he should, so the Validator should not throw an error message.

The Validator throws an error message.

The User unticks his previously ticked WTUsers and ticks them again.

Now it works just fine and the Validator lets him complete.

In the Validator Class, in the Method "validateFormSubmission", I am retrieving the ticked WTUsers by iterating 

uiValidationCriteria.getParameterMap();

While debugging I have noticed that the parameterMap misses some Role-User-Parameters. Then i untick and tick all WTUsers again and they appear in the parameterMap.

My Question:

Is there a solution to my problem?

Has anyone encountered the same problem?

Thank you in advance and best regards,

Darko

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SubasicDar
6-Contributor
(To:SubasicDar)

Apparently there is a problem with validating the participants that are checked with afterVK validation.

I have solved the issue by overwriting the class com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.maturity.forms.delegates.PromotionParticipantsFormDelegate

and implementing my validation in there. Now it works just fine.

SubasicDar_0-1687944963640.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @SubasicDar 

Does it happen if user does not change the check user list and they are pre-checked ? 

PetrH

Hello @HelesicPetr,

to try this I checked one user for each role on Step 3 - Went to wizard step 2 - And then back to step 3 again.

The Users were now pre-checked and I tried to finish the creation. I still couldn't as the validator screamed again.

Did you mean this by "pre-checked" as I don't know how else they could be?

The funny part is: I then tried to finish the creation after literally only scrolling up the Users list and it worked.

Best Regards

Hi @SubasicDar 

Pre-check means if the wizard is opened the users are pre-checked. It can be set by preference manager in Promotion Request 

HelesicPetr_0-1687768474505.png

it is not your case. I would test if you set the fixed roles if the checked users are forwarded (send) to a parameterMap in the validator.

In your case there is some issue with the wizard and validator that parameters are not properly forwarded (send) to the parameterMap. 

You should debug and stop the code in your validator and check what parameters are in the Map. Why there are not the users check columns and so on.

PetrH

SubasicDar
6-Contributor
(To:SubasicDar)

Apparently there is a problem with validating the participants that are checked with afterVK validation.

I have solved the issue by overwriting the class com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.maturity.forms.delegates.PromotionParticipantsFormDelegate

and implementing my validation in there. Now it works just fine.

SubasicDar_0-1687944963640.png

Top Tags