cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Query for all WTParts that are in a project

TG_10272716
10-Marble

Query for all WTParts that are in a project

Hello,

I wrote an API that queries all WTParts that match a search string. The query, however, should only return those WTParts that are in a specific project. Currently I am using the following 2 Search conditions for this (only parts of the actual QuerySpec):

FS_10272716_0-1690806992291.png

This query works, but as I figured out it only returns WTParts that are IN the project and not just part of it. Most WTParts or WTDocuments are just shared to the project and existed before the project was created.

Those parts and documents then have a different container than 'MyProject', so the query won`t be able find and return those.

I tried a couple of things, I also searched through the database to find any connections between the shared parts and the project, but I was not able to find anything useful.

Is there a way to query for all WTParts that are in the project (so basically what you see when you click the project in Windchill)

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Have a look at SandboxBaseline and BaselineMember. I believe these hold what you are missing. There is a SandboxBaseline created for each project and the items shared to the project would be contained in BaselineMember.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Have a look at SandboxBaseline and BaselineMember. I believe these hold what you are missing. There is a SandboxBaseline created for each project and the items shared to the project would be contained in BaselineMember.

It works! This is what I was looking for. The db-table for SandboxBaseline contains the project. BaselineMember contains all objects that are in the project.

Thanks a lot!

Top Tags