cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Query to get all the available object types within a selected context in Windchill

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Query to get all the available object types within a selected context in Windchill

Hi All,

I just need to write a query to get all the available object types within a selected context.

Can you please let me know how to query the same and to which tables in Windchill should I be viewing to write that query ?

Can anyone please let me know about it ?

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

1. You won't be able to write a direct SQL query to retrieve all the Object Types unless you write select * and do a union of all tables.

2. I would highly recommend a Java Program as follows, You can pass the Container Name as an argument in the method, You can create a little utility which can output an excel report based on the Container you provide on the command line, Let me know if you need more help with that.

QuerySpec qs = new QuerySpec(WTContained.class);
QueryResult allContained=PersistenceHelper.manager.find((StatementSpec)qs);

while(allContained.hasMoreElements())
{
WTContained obj=(WTContained) allContained.nextElement();

//logger.debug("-Business Object is instance of WTContained -");

WTContainer container = obj.getContainer();
}

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:aachanta)

Hi All, Kindly let me know any leads or inputs on the same. Thanks and Regards, Aditya

1. You won't be able to write a direct SQL query to retrieve all the Object Types unless you write select * and do a union of all tables.

2. I would highly recommend a Java Program as follows, You can pass the Container Name as an argument in the method, You can create a little utility which can output an excel report based on the Container you provide on the command line, Let me know if you need more help with that.

QuerySpec qs = new QuerySpec(WTContained.class);
QueryResult allContained=PersistenceHelper.manager.find((StatementSpec)qs);

while(allContained.hasMoreElements())
{
WTContained obj=(WTContained) allContained.nextElement();

//logger.debug("-Business Object is instance of WTContained -");

WTContainer container = obj.getContainer();
}

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:abhishekarya)

Thank you Aarya.