cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Searching User from Workflow Task Resource Pool Using API

vijayaRath
7-Bedrock

Searching User from Workflow Task Resource Pool Using API

My requirement is to search the user from Workflow Task > Resource pool .

ResourcePool for a specific Task has the role and Groups Mapped . I need to Search the user by UserName in groups only that are allocated to the Resource Pool for that Workflow Task .

I could find the Users and return the List of Users from The Context team  and specific Role . However ,  Challenge comes  , when user had to search for a User which is not a member of Group .

Is there any API , I can Use to find the users that are member of Groups added to Resource pool?

My action call is from ThingWorx and I need to create an WebService , which returns the user only if Present in Resource pool

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @vijayaRath 

It is common that good documentation does not exist for PTC APIs that are not supported. 

You have to search the existing functions and methods in the Windchill and find the correct one that does what you need.

It is a detective work but you don't have more options. If no one needed this function then no one has searched for it yet and it is up to you to find it. 

PS just my example: sometimes if I need to find some API I set a debug mode for a root logger, and just try to do one action that load the table where pool is shown. Usually I was able to identify the API that cares of the retrieving that information what I needed. In the eclipse or another IDE you just decompile the class and check what functions are there. 

PetrH

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @vijayaRath 

You have to find an API how to get the resource pool from the workflow task and what groups are in and also what users are part of that group. 

I believe that you can find that API but not in the supported api documentation.

PetrH

Infact couldn't see any API to find resourcePool directly . There is no enough documentation from PTC . I am yet to find the Sopported API for Customization .

Any idea , what API can help ?

Hi @vijayaRath 

It is common that good documentation does not exist for PTC APIs that are not supported. 

You have to search the existing functions and methods in the Windchill and find the correct one that does what you need.

It is a detective work but you don't have more options. If no one needed this function then no one has searched for it yet and it is up to you to find it. 

PS just my example: sometimes if I need to find some API I set a debug mode for a root logger, and just try to do one action that load the table where pool is shown. Usually I was able to identify the API that cares of the retrieving that information what I needed. In the eclipse or another IDE you just decompile the class and check what functions are there. 

PetrH

That's an great Advice . I did mock the code to get the ResourcePool From wfAssigned Activity .

Still testing to get the desired Output. 

Top Tags