cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

WINDCHILL CAD part - CHANGE STATUS - VISIBILITY in structure view

VP_8112620
3-Visitor

WINDCHILL CAD part - CHANGE STATUS - VISIBILITY in structure view

Our Client work has a need for development. Windchill 12.1.1.0 (12.1.1.5 release) is used. 

When doing change management and new product releases in Windchill, our designers have difficulties to inspect that all necessary items have been added to the change object (ECN / resulting objects). 

We can modify the WT-structure view to show "change status" column. That shows us a clear visual view to check that all necessary items (WT-parts) have been added to the change notice. 

Problem is that in assemblies CAD-structure view its not possible to get "change status" to be shown. The change object (EPR, ECR, ECN) is linked to every WT-part and CAD objects when the object has been added to the change notice. And it can be seen in single part CAD-view etc, but problem is that in bigger assembly views, single CAD-part "change status" cant be seen. 

The status can be seen in WT-structure view, when selecting the wanted WT-part from the assembly and under "Viewing" - "Show" - CAD documents. This opens all cad documents related to that WT-part, and then the "change status" can be seen. Still - this method is too slow and also gives unwanted material to be seen. We want to find more simple way to check bigger assemblies at once. 

Our inspection process could be more efficient, if this function could be found.

Thank you for all the efforts in this matter.

4 REPLIES 4
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:VP_8112620)

this is a know limitation , see  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs236669 

Fede

Ok, seems that this limitation has been noticed in 2016. I didn´t find any other public idea-quotes, so I made one:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/quot-CHANGE-STATUS-quot-column-in-CAD-document-structure/idi-p/898002

Please go and give a vote!

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

have posted  a workaround few seconds ago , it may take time to load video ., I'm not allowed to vote,  as i'm PTC internal  

Fede
Fadel
22-Sapphire I

I tried to to combine , 2 calculated attributes , one string to get the status as string and a second long one to show the status as a graphical reoresenataion (xconfmanager -s com.ptc.GraphicalAttributes.enabled="true" -t codebase\wt.properties -p + sever restart to be enabled) ,

however the graphical attribute is not available in the structure for selection only the string one    

Fadel_0-1693833422105.png

Fadel_1-1693833485837.png

Fede
Top Tags