cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

WTDocument attribute to facilitate attachments

Sha11
12-Amethyst

WTDocument attribute to facilitate attachments

Hello,

I want to introduce an attribute to a WTDocument, when creating a new object, users must be able to use this attribute and upload attachments to the document upon clicking on this attribute. The reason why I do not want to use Set Attachments is, I want to control the type of document being attached and validate if there is an existing document of the same type in the attachments before attaching a new document.

I am thinking of introducing a data utility where I can use GUIComponent to implement this requirement, I wanted to know if there is any other way to achieve this requirement, kindly share your options.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:Sha11)

Let me paraphrase this requirement back so we understand. Are you looking at create an attribute on the attachment itself or on the WTDocument? Assuming the latter, based on the value of this attribute, you are expecting a certain type of file attachment to be present. Somewhere in this process you want to interrogate and validate the attachments. 

I did something similar to this with my system by extending the create/edit wizard to add a custom step based on document soft-type. This is a hidden step that processes the attachments. I am able to read, process and even remove attachments at this point via custom hooks. 

<%--- Customizations for Electrical Eng Docs --%>
<%-- process if matches drawings as documents --%>
<jca:wizardStep action="process_drw_docs" type="document" />

<%-- process if matches drawings as documents --%>
<jca:wizardStep action="process_schematic" type="document" />
</jca:wizard>

Top Tags