cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

What happens to custom RB files when text tailoring utility is used

rhart
15-Moonstone

What happens to custom RB files when text tailoring utility is used

Version: Windchill 12.1

Use Case: Previously I created strings for displaying text in Preferences and Business Rules using Java RB files, Now there is a new utility called Text Tailoring which can edit those same strings and update the text without needing to re-compile code or restart the server.

Description:

I can see the classes in the new Text Tailoring utility and edit the strings and update the text without needing to restart the server but my original class files are not being updated. Where are these strings being stored now, is there some new files I need to add to wtsafearea to preserve it in during CPS and upgrades?

3 REPLIES 3
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:rhart)

Hi @rhart 

Have you tested it? what can upgrade do to the tailoring? It could be forwarded by database.  

I guess that if you use own rbInfo in the wtcustom, it will be still used as standard process compile makejar.....

PetrH 

rhart
15-Moonstone
(To:HelesicPetr)

I tested a CPS with my original rb classes in the wtSafeArea, the strings I've added or edited with Text Tailoring were not overwritten by the safeArea files, so I guess those files have been entirely migrated into the text tailoring utility now.

There are some rbinfo files in wtcustom for security labels but those files didn't get migrated to Text Tailoring.

HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:rhart)

Hi @rhart 

So ask PTC support why the security info rbinfo files are not moved to the tailoring.

I guess that if you use text tailoring, the rbinfo is migrated to the database and wtCustom could be ignored as you described. 

PetrH

Announcements

Top Tags